Posted June 19, 2019
In the event of a fire, fire curtains are used to create a fire compartment preventing the fire and smoke from spreading throughout a building. This is an effective form of passive fire protection which neutralizes the possibility of uncontrollable flames. However due to the effectiveness of these fire compartments, building occupants and first respondents may have trouble determining where the fire is being held.
Introducing the ResQ window.
This ‘window’ is a patented translucent fire proof flexible material which was created to address this issue. The ResQ-Window™ can be installed into a fire curtain allowing building occupants and first respondents to see through the curtain after it has been deployed. This allows for building occupants to be aware of where the fire is located allowing them to escape in a safe manner. It also allows first respondents to easily locate the source of the flame and eliminate the danger in a more effective process.
The curtain with a vision panel is designed for:
- Escape routes incorporating doorways and corridors
- Lift openings and lobbies
- Areas where Fire Marshals and the Fire and Rescue Service may need to assess prior to entry
ResQ-Window™ can withstand temperatures in excess of 1000°C with 2 hours integrity (E120) and is tested to BS EN 1634-1. The material used in the window is made from specialized high purity silica fabrics, extremely high purity silicone optical resins, and nano-particle silica opacifiers. These more sustainable materials do not provide toxic gasses or surface flaming when exposed to fire.
- See through a deployed curtain as a means of escape
- Safely egress from lifts
- Suitable for lift lobby muster points
- First respondent can clear a building faster
- First respondent can see the presence of an occupant on the other side of a curtain
- First respondent can see the presence of fire on the other side of a curtain
- First respondent can see the presence of smoke on the other side of a curtain