Fire Rated Glass Skylight
HOW DOES THE GLASS WORK?
Greene Fire’s fire resistant glazing systems utilise Contraflam® glass and FireBlock glass. We can provide insulated and non-insulated options to suit your requirements. Providing very effective radiant heat reduction for between 30 and 120 minutes, Contraflam® contains an inter-layer that becomes opaque in the event of fire and acts as a heat shield.
The glass has a multi-layer design with two external profiles of toughened safety glass and a filled intermescent inter-layer. The inside chamber is filled with a fire resistant filling preventing the glass profiles from shattering completely.
Initially the fire causes the glass that is towards the fire-side to break due to the stress on the glass.
The filler inter-layer, begins to form an opaque insulating protective layer resisting further penetration.
For Further Reference please read the documents provided below. If you wish to obtain further information regarding our Fire Attenuation Screens, please contact us at (02) 9526 3100, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can speak to us in person at Greene Fire Pty Limited, Unit 2 7-11 Parraweena Road Taren Point, NSW 2229
- Clean, sharp lines of narrow aluminium frame
- Provides excellent clarity and sound reduction
- Large wire free glass areas
- Weather and light-resistant aluminium profiles
- Variety of glass thicknesses
- The best source of natural lighting for your home
- 100% installed by our expert technicians
- Barrier to radiant heat
- Available in single and multi-layer glass designs