Posted October 24, 2016
Greene Fire is celebrating 10 years of providing fire and smoke curtains as well as numerous fire protection, smoke control and environmental solutions across Australia.
During this time we have grown from a company of 1 employee working from a home office to employing 32 people working from 4 offices. Here are some statistics that you may not be aware of:
- Our first employee was Teressa Greene (Accounts Payable) – Clinton Greene (Director) was employee number 7
- We had a work from home office for 12 months with up to 3 people working from there
- Our first factory was a 100m2 sublet of factory space only, expecting to have 3-4 people working from there. We out grew this within 4 months and moved on 12 months later
- We started manufacturing fire and smoke curtain metal works in 2008. The first couple of jobs we manufactured were 434 lineal metres and 696 lineal metres respectively. There is nothing like easing into these things!
- Our fabric panels were being manufactured in Sydney since 2010 using an old Coopers single needle sewing machine that is about 35 years old. We still have it.
- We did our first smoke testing of a fire and smoke curtain in Australia in December 2007. We believe we are still the only company to specifically test a fire or smoke curtain to AS1530.7-2007
- We out grew factory number 2 within 6 months of moving in. As a temporary solution we built a 100m2 mezzanine with addition 30m2 of office that we worked from for another 5 years before moving to the current factory in Taren Point.
- Our first sales person was employed in June 2012. Sales was just handled as a function of Clinton’s job up until then.
- From 2008-2009 (17 months) we had Mena Lai working for us as a project engineer. Mena is an experienced Coopers person having worked at Coopers (on and off) since circa 2000. She has also worked for Coopers distributors in Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai.
- In 2010, we had 3 Coopers UK employees working for us for 4-6 weeks; Rob Wright, Lisa Calladine and Mena Lai.
Certainly a lot happens in 10 years and we could continue with many more stories. Thank you everyone for your hard and dedicated work. We look forward to another great 10 years and beyond.
If you would want to know about Greene Fire services, please contact your local Business Development Manager. More information about services can be found on Greene Fire website, subscription newsletter and follow us on LinkedIn for latest information. Please enjoy a few photos below, looking back at our last 10 years.
We now use an industrial twin needle sewing machine
Tradies worked on Lend Lases Barangaroo Tower 3, 2016
Former warehouse factory in Caringbah, 2011
Mena wearing Rob Wright’s shirt
Nelson entertaining the kids at a Christmas Party
Serkan and Clinton in Portsmouth UK
Factory Open Day, 2011 – great discussions with fire engineers on the products
Before renovations to our warehouse office in Taren Point, 2014
Renovations beginning in Taren Point, 2014
Current office in Taren Point
Inside our factory
State of the art exhibition – fire curtains, smoke curtains and other products